Friday, February 8, 2008

Handling Charges

I have been charging a 3.00 handling charge on all orders. We as rep.'s need to compensate ourselves for our time and gas for picking up and delovering orders. I have had a few people question me on this and I have simply replied that I have to pick inventory up and store it, hence, a "handling fee". No one has given me grief on it and even though you get a mileage or tax write off at the end of the year, it is still money out the door. I would encourage all of us to do this for the success of our business. I spoke with Michelle about this and she thought it was a great idea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have started giving a 1/2 price classic shell for the hostess that picks up rather than if I deliver. It is a minimal cost to me, but saves me on delivery costs, but more importantly it saves me time....which is a precious commodity for me.